Arkansas Baptist College has an “open admission policy” that allows admittance to all persons who show the potential for college level work, who subscribe to the mission and purpose of Arkansas Baptist College, and who meet the admissions requirements. Students of all races, creeds, and national origins are welcome. New students are admitted in the Fall, Spring, and Summer.
All applicants who wish to apply for admission must submit the following items to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment:
- A formal application for admission and a $25 non-refundable application fee (This fee can be waived based on economic status)
- An official “sealed” copy of the high school transcript that includes date of graduation or GED test scores
- A cumulative high school grade point average of 2.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale is required
- Proof of immunization. Regardless of age all applicants must submit proof of two immunizations against measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), and tuberculosis (TB)
- ACT composite score of 16 or higher or combined SAT score of 720 or higher in critical reading and math for Unconditional Admission and placement purposes.
Applicants who do not meet requirements for Unconditional Admission may be considered for Conditional Admission. Aptitude criteria for Conditional Admission will be evaluated on a case by-case basis. The criteria would include previous academic recommendations. Students who fail to submit ACT or SAT test scores are required to complete the Next Generation Accuplacer Exam administered by the institution and must achieve the following minimum cutoff scores: 260 in Next Generation Accuplacer Reading Objectives, 262 in Next Generation Accuplacer Writing Objectives, and 236 in Next Generation Accuplacer Quantitative Reasoning Algebra and Statistics (QRAS) Exam. Applicants who fail to attain acceptable scores on the ACT, SAT, Compass, Classic Accuplacer, or Next Generation Accuplacer tests are required to complete enrichment courses or other developmental enhancements as needed. The Office of Admissions and Recruitment will notify applicants of their Unconditional or Conditional Admission status. Students who submit false information on the application for admission will be immediately withdrawn from the College.